Mr William Vitruvius Morrison

The son of the architect Sir Richard Morrison, William Vitruvius Morrison collaborated with his father from 1813 to 1824 on the Irish country houses Borris, co. Carlow, Kilruddery in co. Wicklow and Rossmore Park, co. Monaghan. His independent work included the court houses at Carlow and Tralee in 1928 and the reconstruction of Oak Park, co. Carlow, in 1832. Morrison died at the age of 44 and a marble bust of Morrison can be found at the Royal Irish Academy in his memory.

Associated Places