Fullarton (also known as Foullartoun, Corsbie, Fullerton Park, Fullerton, Fullerton House, Crosby Place)4171

Troon, Scotland

Brief Description

Fullarton estate park is formed from what remains of the designed landscape associated with the now-demolished Fullarton House. There are woodland walks in the old estate woodlands and newly developed play areas.

History

The Fullarton family were significant landowners in the Troon area. They built a new house in 1745 with a Robert Adam stable in 1772. Around this time the designed landscape was formal in nature, with radiating and intersecting avenues and vistas centred on the house. By the mid-19th century the property had passed out of the family and the landscape was more informal. In 1926 the estate was bought by Troon Town Council and the house let out as flats. Some of the designed landscape disappeared in an Edwardian housing development and in the expansion of Troon from the 1930s. The house was demolished in 1966.

Visitor Facilities

Fullarton is an estate park open to the public.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Fullarton is an estate park open to the public.
History

Period

  • 18th Century
Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • South Ayrshire Council

    County Buildings, Wellington Square, Ayr, KA7 1DR
References

References