St Brynach's churchyard 3074

Nevern, Wales

Brief Description

St Brynach's churchyard has an avenue of yew trees, perhaps dating from the medieval period, on the approach to the church entrance. The churchyard also contains unusual walled family vaults and some 19th-century Irish yews.

History

Most of the church dates from the 15th century, though the tower is from the 12th century. An avenue of yew trees is probably also of the 15th century.

Features
  • Church (featured building)
  • Description: Though the tower dates from the 12th century, the main part of the church dates from the 15th century. The church was restored in 1864 and 1952.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: Avenue of four evenly spaced yew trees.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: Row of Irish yews along the south-east boundary wall.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Nevern
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Owners

  • Church of Wales

References

References