The churchyard contains numerous monuments; there are mature and semi mature trees including a large horse chestnut. The churchyard is now closed for burials.
The first church of St John the Evangelist to serve the village of Sidcup was consecrated in 1844. Following arrival of the railway in 1866 more capacity was needed for the congregation and a chancel, Lady Chapel and vestries were added in 1882. In 1899-1901 the current brick church was built, although part of the existing churchyard walls date from 1844. The churchyard was enlarged in 1898 and again in 1934.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Sidcup. Bus: 160, 229, 269, 286, 492, 233, 51.
- Mid 19th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
Church of England (Archdeaconry of Bromley and Bexley)
London Parks and Gardens Trust