The park retains the rural character of the older landscape, with hedgerows denoting former field boundaries and mature trees.
Sunny Hill Park was formerly Sunnyhill Fields and belonged to Church Farmhouse, whose garden abuts the south end of the park, which also includes an area that was once part of the churchyard of Hendon parish church of St Mary. In 1921 Hendon local council purchased 16 acres for a public park, which opened in 1922. It was enlarged in 1929 when further land was added.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern) then bus. Bus 113, 143, 183, 271, 326.
- Early 20th Century