The Van 3362

Caerphilly, Wales

Pgds 20081201 155624 Thevan1

Brief Description

The remains of a 16th-century walled and terraced garden survive at The Van, attached to an important house of the period, now partially restored.

History

The Van was in the hands of the Lewis family in the 16th century, and became a secondary home when they moved to St Fagans Castle.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The Van is partially restored and part of the house is occupied.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Dovecote
  • Description: The 16th-century dovecote has now been restored. It has a domed stone roof and 1000 nesting boxes.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Van
History

Period

  • 16th Century
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here
References

References