The graves line a footpath leading up to The Vineyard, with the vault arches visible in the brick wall alongside the path. The area to the east is grassed with fewer trees, a low wall to the boundary and some seats. It was recently restored with funds donated by the MPGA.
Vineyard Passage Burial Ground was created as an extension to the Richmond parish churchyard of St Mary Magdalene. It was consecrated in 1790 and later enlarged in 1823. It includes table tombs, sarcophagi, an obelisk and a large Grecian tomb of T. Cundy, 1825, the architect of Pimlico and his family. There are also monuments to members of the French émigré community who settled in Richmond in the 1790s.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/London Overground/Tube (District): Richmond
- Late 18th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust