W.J. Hopkins was the diocesan architect for Worcester, designing and remodelling many churches in the second half of the 19th century. The only country house he was involved with was Bohun Court at Hallow, Worcester, where worked for Charles Wheeley Lea. It was built in the 1860s. Although it was demolished in 1925, Hopkins' garden buildings and kitchen garden remain. The estate is now called Parkfield after the replacement house built in 1932.