At one time there was an ornamental fountain on a mound and various areas of ornamental planting; avenue of plane trees remain on the west, north and south boundaries of Chestnuts Park.
In March 1898 Chestnuts House, which had been built in the mid-19th century, and 13 acres of its grounds were purchased by Tottenham UDC. With some additional land, it was laid out as Chestnuts Recreation Ground and opened in November 1900 in commemoration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The house was initially used as a public reading room and museum, later becoming a health clinic until it was demolished in the 1980s to make way for a Leisure Centre.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Harringay Green Lanes. Tube: Turnpike Lane (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 67, 341, 259, 279.
London Parks and Gardens Trust