The small triangular churchyard is reached through an iron gate, and contains a number of early headstones, including a late-17th century monument with skulls and an hourglass. A rectangular area in the grass is laid out as a war memorial and the churchyard has fine specimen and evergreen trees.
Christ Church is the parish church of Southgate, built in 1861/2 near the site of an earlier chapel of 1615 built by Sir John Weld, who owned a large estate to the south. The Weld Chapel was used as a Chapel of Ease to All Saints Edmonton until 1862, when the new church was consecrated. Christ Church is known for its fine windows by Morris & Co.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Southgate (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 121, 298, 299, W6
- Mid 19th Century
- Associated People
Official WebsiteClick Here
Church of England (Diocese of London)
London Parks and Gardens Trust