In the grounds are vestigial features of an earlier garden, including at the back a pond, mature yews, horse chestnut and fruit trees, and four beds adjacent to the central pathway. The garden abuts the graveyard of St Mary's Church on one side.
Church Farmhouse, situated next to Hendon parish church, is one of the oldest surviving houses in Barnet, built around 1660 with 18th/early-19th century additions. It was in use as a farm until 1944 when it was purchased by Hendon Borough Council. The house was restored and opened as a museum in 1955. The museum closed in 2011 and the building is currently (2014) for sale.
Visitor FacilitiesGrounds unrestricted; Museum: Mon-Th 10am-12.30/1.30-5pm; Sat: 10am-1/2-5.30pm; Sun 2-5.30pm
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsGrounds unrestricted; Museum: Mon-Th 10am-12.30/1.30-5pm; Sat: 10am-1/2-5.30pm; Sun 2-5.30pm
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern). Bus: 113, 143, 183, 186, 326.