To the east of the house are terraced gardens and a ha-ha overlooking vestigial parkland. The walled garden of the original house remains to the south.
Sidcup Place is the oldest surviving building in the area, the core of the house built in 1743. Although the landscape is predominantly 19th century overlaid with 20th-century municipal planting, the bones of the design may well be 18th century. Between 1822-1919 it was owned by the Berens family, but part of the estate was sold in 1896. The house was a school from 1907-1916 and became Council offices in 1934.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Sidcup then bus. Bus: 160, 229, 269, 286, B14*.
London Parks and Gardens Trust