St John's School is located in the grounds of a spectacularly-sited villa, Potter Hill House, which was built in 1924 and had ornamental gardens. The school moved here from Pinner in 1970 and although part of the original Arts & Crafts-style garden remains near the main building, some of the earlier landscaping has been lost to playing fields and school buildings and there is some encroachment by residential development on the north-west.
The school acquired additional land in 1990, used for environmental study as well as sports, and is planting a Jubilee Wood in 2012.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Northwood, Northwood Hills (Metropolitan). Bus: 347, 348, H13 (walk)
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust