The large churchyard has a number of fine monuments and trees including yew and cedar. In his history of Hendon in 1890 E Evans notes the earliest surviving grave as that of Thomas Marsh, 1624; he describes the churchyard's pretty location and trees shading the graves, a scene little changed today.
There may have been a Saxon church here as early as the 9th century, and a carved 11th-century Norman font is still in use. The current building retains some 13th-, 15th- and 16th-century elements but the church was extended substantially in 1914/15.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Church open Sat 10-12; Sun 3pm - evensong.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Church open Sat 10-12; Sun 3pm - evensong.
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern) then bus. Bus 113, 143, 183, 326.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust