The garden opened to the public in 1960, a paved area with some seating, with short flights of steps from Vernon Rise and the main road, shrub beds at the corners, and trees along the main road boundary and across the centre of the garden. Re-landscaping has taken place and the garden is now enclosed by railings.
A small area beside the main road, Vernon Square was laid out as a garden in the late 1950s. Already part of an enclosure leased by the New River Company to Finsbury Borough Council, in 1957 the MPGA negotiated that the site be provided as a public garden.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Angel (Northern), King's Cross (Northern, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City; Circle, Victoria, Piccadilly). Bus: 30, 73, 214
London Parks and Gardens Trust