Wandle Park lies along the river Wandle and was once the site of Wandlebank House and grounds. Recent re-design of the park was undertaken through Merton Groundwork Trust, completed by 2003.
The land was purchased by Wimbledon Corporation for a public park and vested in the National Trust, and the park opened in 1907. In 1910 the Mill Pond Garden was added, purchased by public subscription.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
DirectionsTube: Colliers Wood (Northern). Bus: 157, 52, 200, 219, 493, N155
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust