In the centre of the road is an area of landscaping around the Queen Victoria Monument, a memorial erected by inhabitants of the borough of Kensington. Designed by H L Florence in 1904, the granite column is topped with an urn and has reliefs of the Queen on the faces. It was re-erected here in 1934. The central area with the memorial column has planters either side and a drinking trough to the south, sited here in 1899 by the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association at the behest of 'R McC'.
Warwick Square was laid out by Lord Kensington's surveyor William Cutbush between 1824-39 but it was not a successful development. It was later bisected by the roadway, now Warwick Gardens, a major one-way route south. All that remains of the houses of Warwick Square are Nos. 1 - 9 Warwick Gardens.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (District): Kensington (Olympia).