A small college garden designed in 1925 by Sir Aston Webb in a neo-Tudor or Tudor revival style.
Detailed DescriptionToday the garden has been simplified. The central lawn has various specimen trees, birch, Judas tree, ginkgo and a weeping pear. The walls are clothed in climbers especially clematis and vines. The annual bedding is much appreciated by summer residents. The grounds are maintained by retired clergy.
College, Lawn, Garden Wall
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Detailshttp://www.wesley.cam.ac.uk/
In 1925 Sir Aston Webb designed three sides of a quadrangle, open to Jesus Lane in a Neo-Tudor or Tudor Revival style, for a post-graduate theological college, on a site purchased from Jesus College.
By 1948 the quadrangle was crossed by paths edged with lavender, leading to a statue. In 1972, a southern range along Jesus Lane completed the quadrangle and allows views in from the street.
- Early 20th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Wesley House
Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust